Posted on January 14, 2012
How to copy a web part in Sharepoint?
Sometimes we need to copy a webpart in sharepoint rather than creating one. It’s because you may not have time to create one or you can’t do it. So, it’s better idea to copy a web part and change required parameters.
Follow the procedure:
- Click on web part menus
- Click on Export to export the webpart
- Go to Site Actions => Site Settings => Modify All Site Settings (Where you want to upload this web part)
- Under Gallery headings click on Web Parts.
- You will see a list of available webparts here. Click on Upload to upload your exported webpart. Before that in some sharepoint site you may need to add/rename webpart filename extension as something.webpart.
- Give webpart name and description how you want to see it.
This webpart is now available for the site. Cheers !